[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1878

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1878
From: "David Jenkinson" <jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 23:43:59 +0100
Wayne says;

Here are are her non-negotiable requirements:
Auto focus, auto exposure, small, light, weatherproof (she is a
backpacker) wide-to-tele zoom, macro capabilities, tripod usable, and
EASY TO USE..

I would appreciate your suggestions, and will, of course look to Olympus
first. Alas, my wife (the heretic) doesn't have OM brand loyalty. So, we
will consider at any brand that meets her needs.

Also, our anniversary is soon, so I need your suggestions asap.

Wayne,
The Olympus Mju II series of cameras are very good.  My wife and I share a
Mju II with the 35/2.8 lens, and a Mju II Zoom 80, 38 to 80 mm zoom.  The
fixed lens is a stoater, natural successor to the XA, and we're just about
to get the first role of film from the Zoom 80 developed.
There's also a wider version, 28-80 I think, and longer versions up to 140
or so.  I'm not expecting the Zoom to perform as well as the 35mm, which I
can't recommend enough.  Spot metering too...who needs an OM4 <G>  Get her
the fxed lens job, and you can play with it too...

Next,

"John W. Sloane, DMD" wrote:

> Don't know if  "HEADS"  UP seems quite appropriate :)

Amend to that brother.

yours been through the HOLE process,

Garry

Are you using the whole fist, Doc?