Re: [OM] OT - MIME and other oddities

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - MIME and other oddities
From: "John Cwiklinski/Beaverton/Contr/IBM" <johncw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:42:28 -0700
Giles wrote:

>This happens when people post to the list in html format, instead of plain
text.

Accurate statement.

>The usual culprit is the wretched Microsoft Outlook.  I believe it's
default configuration is to send all mail in html >format rather than
plain text so new users may not be aware they are causing a problem.

Nope, not accurate. User specified. All E-mail clients are user
configurable, including MS Outlook. During "installation", the client
software "asks" for internet mail format (i.e. plain text, html, html &
plain text, etc.).