Re: [OM] Zuiko 40mm f2.0 Spotted

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 40mm f2.0 Spotted
From: "Franklin Berryman" <faberryman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:26:41 GMT
I have small hands and nevertheless have some difficulty quickly and easily adjusting the aperture rings on the f2.8 series of wide angle lenses. The 50mm and greater focal length lenses are easier to adjust simply because there is significantly more barrel length beyond the aperture ring. In addition to the extra light the f2.0 series of wide angle lenses pass, their additional size makes them attractive to me. Given this, the 40mm f2.0, although cute, does not appeal to me for actual use, although I certainly would like to find one at a bargain price as a trophy lens.

----Original Message Follows----
Let's see, compared to the 50/1.8 the 40/2 is 7mm shorter in length.
The 40/2 focuses to 0.3m, compared to 0.23m for the 50/3.5 macro, not
too shabby. I have noticed that the lens hood for the 40/2 also goes on
the 85/2 and 100/2.8. what's the difference between the hood that says
85/2 100/2.8 and the one that says 40/2 85/2 100/2.8. I assume they
are interchangeable?
/wayne