Re: [OM] Beating a Dead Horse (Not Animal Rights)

Subject: Re: [OM] Beating a Dead Horse (Not Animal Rights)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:35:13 +0800
It should be express like that:

The contrast range that a negative can capture is much higher than
slide. The Dynamic range on negative is compressed to match the print
paper. For slide the Dynamic range is optimized for projection or
viewing at light box, more close to the real scene, of course it never
match the super wide range of real scene so highlight and shadow are
usually blocked. But with negative and a good scanner you can get most
even out of a high contrast scene.

C.H.Ling