[OM] Re: Camera stores in DC

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera stores in DC
From: "Rick Beckrich" <RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:20:53 -0400
Frank Berryman wrote: will be in Washington, D.C. for a few days in early
November...

Frank, if you're downtown, the best choice IMO would be PENN Camera @ 9th & E,
across from the FBI building. They cater  to the pros at the Washington Post &
Washington Times, as well as all the wire and magazine guys (yeah) in the area.
They have multiple stores
and are computer linked. If you have something(s) you're looking for, and want
to e-mail me
off list, I'll get my staff photog to have the guy he deals with here in
Virginia, pull a print out
and fax or e-it to you.

As for Ritz, they're mostly P&S and digital. They have a big 'home' store where
all their mall trade-ins, re-builds and close-outs  go, but it's waynhell out
in the burbs, near Laurel, MD.

Alta-Vista Yellow Pages show 33 listings for camera shops in DC.

 Hope this helps...  Rick in VA

Rick Beckrich
Director of Circulation
Transport Topics Publishing Group