Re: [OM] Flash guns for OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash guns for OM4T
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:35:01 -0500
At 12:06 AM 9/21/00 +0800, you wrote:
>How did you test your flash? This thread also discussed some time ago.
>I have tested all my T32 (at least four) I once owned, at fully power they
>are around 1.5 stop under when measured at around the center of a light
>color wall dark room measured around 15x12x9', 1m flash to meter distance,
>3 feet from ground. Same result for my F280 and T20. The value is
>consistent with less than 0.2 stop within same flash and 0.3 stop among
>different flashes of the same type. My flash meter is also consistent
>with the TTL flash/grey card system of my OM cameras. So there should be
>no question about the error from my flash meter. I think there must be
>some standard measurement method for flash GN number that we don't
>understand.
>
>C.H.Ling

At 1m, you are so close that the room wouldn't have much effect. If the
flash is pointed at the meter, you need to be about twice as far away as the
closest good bounce surfaces to get much bounce light. In my house with 9 ft
white ceilings, I get exactly the rated value at 9ft, about 5ft from the floor.