Re: [OM] Adaptall 2 and OM2SP

Subject: Re: [OM] Adaptall 2 and OM2SP
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:28:27 +0200
:         However, I had had to accept that the camera did not appear to
: 'know' that the lens was f/8 and hence gave no exposure data in the
: viewfinder, and could not therefore be used on manual, only on auto.

The camera does not need to know the lens speed - it only needs to know the
lens isn't stopped down, and for this the Meter Coupling Lever of the lens
(or in this case of the adapter) must be in its wide open position.

: I have
: now discovered that moving some of the available 'controls' on the outside
: of the Adaptall 2 before fitting it to the camera results in sensible
: readings in the viewfinder for both manual and auto settings.  But I am
not
: sure exactly what I did!  Can anyone point me in the direction of
: instructions for setting up the lens/adaptall 2 before attaching it to the
: camera so that I can use the spot facility?

There are no special instructions for mounting an Adaptall II lens to the
camera, but there are for mounting the adapter to the lens! You probably did
that wrong. The green dots on the adapter and the lens must be alligned, and
the tab on the front of the adapter must fall in place with a notch on the
rear of the lens. Then rotate the adapter until it locks.

hnz