[OM] Re: quattros...

Subject: [OM] Re: quattros...
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:03:43 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/00 1:00:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< I will say this though, the new Audis as a whole are exceptionally good
 cars in every way for those who can afford them (and being a middle
 income parent in California I do not include myself in that category).

Somewhere along the line I had forgotten how much fun Germany is for
automobile watchers...(er, lusters??) While I was not prepared for the
"Smart" cars (read that 1/2 of a car, chopped off behind the driver's
seat...a real hoot when they pass you on the autobahn!) nor the Ford Ka, I
was surprised at the demise of Ford in general in the country. I missed the
old Duckies (Citroen?) and drolled mightily over the Audi TT (one of my hosts
had one and I was able to drive it some...) I do feel that Audi is much
better on design than in the 70's and the TT won my heart, even over the
mighty Mercedes and BMW's. In the 70's I always felt the Audi's were a
Mercedes "wannabe", but they are truly stylish now. And the Audi SUV (I
guesss that's what it was..very rounded but somewhat small looking..more like
a cross between a van and an SUV) was gorgeous. Just got back my pics today
and they are even more outrageous when sitting on a porch in Virginia! :=)
Susan

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA
"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they
make as they go flying by." (Dilbert's Rules of Order)