Re: [OM] Bounce grip 2 - how to open

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce grip 2 - how to open
From: George Conklin <gconklin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:30:01 -0700
Thanks John, I figured it was something like that. When you say "peel up" do you mean starting from the battery cap end - or just plain lifting up all the leatherette.

BTW, did I ever tell you that the OM 4t you serviced for me some 18 months ago was lost at sea. Actually Peconic Bay out on your Long Island. I was visiting a friend who wanted pix of his hand built Cat Boat. I used his tiny dinghy for shooting. When he came in to pick me up he misjudged and tipped the dinghy over. The camera bag was not water proof. The OM 4t, a winder and several lenses got salted.... sigh.

Modern Age Photo in NYC was able to process the negative film. My college lab photo notes from decades ago say sodium chloride has no effect on film, except to swell the emulsion which might stick. Long soaks in distilled water deal with that. My friend now has a 3x4 foot print on his living room wall. He tells friends it is the boat he built in ten years and the photo cost over $1,700. The $1,500 cost of my replacing the Oly stuff on the used market - plus the photo lab charges.

I expect to go sailing with him next weekend when I am East, still debating whether to get a cheap one time water proof camera.

  George in Berkeley