[OM] ezphoto

Subject: [OM] ezphoto
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:09:34 -0700
A while back someone on this list mentioned shutterfly.com as an
alternative to inkjet for low cost printing from digital files. I
checked them out and immediatly decided that for low cost prints they
were vastly better (profit-wise) than inkjet printing. All I have to do
is upload the file, they then print and ship directly to my customers
and everyone is happy. Their prints are archival and are of very high
quality. Every single customer who has bought them from me has been very
happy. I forget who posted the shutterfly.com URL here, but thank you!

The only limitation I found with them has been their maximum print size
of 8x10. Yesterday I found out about ezphoto.com who appear to offer a
simular process but with much more variety. Print sizes up to 20x30 (off
of the same file size as an 8x10...I need to see this to believe it, I
gather they use Genuine Fractals or the like but I have to wonder).
Coffee mugs, mousepads, callanders, etc. too. Also they offer a
business-to-consumer relationship that shutterfly currently doesn't. I
will order some sample prints and report what I think when I see them
but wonder if anyone here has tried them yet???

The OM content here is we all need a way making prints from images taken
with our OMs ;-) This process of taking a digital file and outputting it
on photographic paper is pretty cool and very low cost (read good
margins). (I gather they expose the paper with a laser, or so I'm told
by a friend who does maintenance at the local pro lab I work with for
Ilfochromes and E6 processing.)

Thoughts, comments, and experiences greatly appreceated!

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com