[OM] Re:

Subject: [OM] Re:
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:29:40 +0200
Yo,

on Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:05:44 GMT, Olaf Greve wrote:

>>More likely, I think, is that the sprocket holes in the last bit of film
>>were torn, allowing the sprocket wheel to rotate while the film was
>>stationary and the clutch of the take up spool would slip enough to prevent
>>the film being torn out of the cassette.
>
>That would be another possibility...

Which reminds me of the reason why I refused to use Kodak films for over 10
years until I decided to occasionally give them another shot fairly
recently: some time in the mid-80s, I had 2 rolls of Kodak film (bought
separately and at different times, about a year apart) which simply HAD NO
perforation on a few centimeters somewhere in the middle of the roll. The
films worked normally on the first about 12 or 15 frames,  up to the
unperforated section, from where on, of course, they would not be advanced
any further, without any indication that something was wrong (until the
counter showed frame No. 38, 39, 40, 41...) :-(. Lost a few irreplaceable
shots because of this; I still don't use Kodak for important stuff any more.
This has never happened to me with any other brand.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx