Re: [OM] 35RC

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RC
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:52:25 -0400
Stephen Gandy passes his repairs through to someone else, so you'll be paying more than you should for the repair. I for one, bought one of Stephen's Olympus RC's, and I've been very happy with it. Given your investment, I'd feel comfortable sending it to him and feeling that the job will get done right. His repair person(s) certainly has a lot of experience on these cameras.

$75-100 is not out of line to have one of these overhauled, cleaned, re-foamed, and recalibrated for silver batteries. If you get a quote from somewhere else, make sure that they give you an estimate that includes disassembling and cleaning the rangefinder. That's where most of the time is in one of these cameras. They tend to get rather dirty in the rangefinder. Having the open slot where the film advance is probably doesn't help keep the dust out.

Skip