Re: [OM] 35RC

Subject: Re: [OM] 35RC
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:55:42 +0100
Dave Lampert wrote:
>Hope this is the correct list to ask this question....if not, please direct
me in the right direction...

Well, there's olympus-pen-rf@xxxxxxxxxxx but the members tend to be members
of this List too.

>I need information on using it, and also a battery that will work
reasonably well.

There's some info on my web page www.keithberry.telinco.co.uk/35rc.htm  and
you could ask Gary Schloss schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx if he still has any genuine
Varta batteries left.

>An outfit called Cameraquest in Thousand Oaks Calif offers to recalibrate
it for a non mercury battery and do general clean up for $100.  Any thoughts
on them, or this work?

I've seen their price list and it seems very high to me. This List's
repairman is John Hermanson - www.zuiko.com - who seems to be much more
reasonable. Personally I'd rather seek out a real Mercury battery every five
or six years.

>Also, reportedly, it should work in a manual mode, with no battery
installed, yet it does not seem to have shutter actuation. Any thoughts?

With the aperture ring switched away from 'A' and 'OFF' it should work okay,
if not, it needs attention.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)