Re: [OM] Short rolls and another weird thing

Subject: Re: [OM] Short rolls and another weird thing
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 18:51:30 +0100
Olaf  wrote:
> ... it almost seems to  me
> that it actually wasn't put well enough in the "winding-slot" in the right
> hand side of the camera (i.e. the one attached to the film advance lever)
> and that it let loose upon hitting the end of the film...
>
> I can't come up with a better explanation (as all frames were filled and
the
> film didn't let loose on the side of the roll either (not even when
> advancing
> to frame 42)), but if someone has any ideas I'd be interested to hear
> them...

More likely, I think, is that the sprocket holes in the last bit of film
were torn, allowing the sprocket wheel to rotate while the film was
stationary and the clutch of the take up spool would slip enough to prevent
the film being torn out of the cassette. Have you got the last bit of film
to examine?

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)