Re: [OM] Modified 2 series screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Modified 2 series screens
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:44:01 EDT
Cc: ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 09/11/2000 12:21:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> If you modify a '2' series screen, like the 2-13, to fit an earlier OM like
>  the 1(n) or 2(n), does the brighter viewfinder image affect the light
meter?

Yes it does. As I recall, the affect is a function of the focal length of the
lens, too. Theer was some discussion about this in the past. Check the
archives (probably have to go back 6 months to a year).

The 2 screens are much better than the 1-12, IMO. Although the 1-12 doesn't
affect the meter reading (according to Oly lit), but you don't see depth of
field affects, and they are hard to focus unless you get used to using the
crosshairs, which I still find difficult, probably because I don't use the
1-12 enough. Does anyone know why the 1-12 is the only clear field screen
that doesn't affect the meter on the old OM's?

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings