[OM] Modified 2 series screens

Subject: [OM] Modified 2 series screens
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:06:34 ADT
OK...

If you modify a '2' series screen, like the 2-13, to fit an earlier OM like the 1(n) or 2(n), does the brighter viewfinder image affect the light meter? An OM-4 reads light from behing the mirror, right? But earlier OM's use a pair of CDS cells on either side of the eyepiece for center weighted metering.
Without going to a '2' series screen, the brightest I can get is the
1-12 which I use for macro. The brighter 2's would be better, wouldn't they? Is it worth going to all the trouble of getting one & modifying it?

Thanks,
-Mike