[OM] Billingham Bags

Subject: [OM] Billingham Bags
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:15:16 +1000
Anyone on the list have any experience with Billingham bags?

I'm thinking about getting either a 550 or 445 model bag and wondered whether anyone has any experience with either of these models or the Billingham bags in general.

I know they are quite expensive, but are they worth the money? How do they last and wear? Do they protect your gear? Are they practical to work from "on the move"? Any problems?

Up til now I've only used LowePro bags - which I quite like - but have recently been tempted to get a more "classic" soft bag, especially for street shooting. The LowePro bags look pretty obvious that they are camera bags, whereas (at least in Aust) the canvas-look bags don't scream "photographer".

Any comments would be appreciated.

cheers

peter