Re: [OM] National Park Photography Policy

Subject: Re: [OM] National Park Photography Policy
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 17:40:19 -0500
Oh, and note:

>A permit is required if the Superintendent determines...

This is to keep Ranger Gord in check.  Don't be afraid to ask to speak with
the Superintendent of the park if you think you are not getting a fair
shake.  The buck stops there.

I am reminded that I've been told repeatably by staffers from different
branches of the DOI (Department of Interior) that my photos need to be
"approved" prior to publication.  Bunk.  I've explained the official policy
to more than one person through the years.  Like they've approved every
picture of the Washington Monument you've seen in print!

Ken Norton
Image66