Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1822

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1822
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 15:40:03 -0700
>But I couldn't let this one pass. For heaven's sake! I know this is the
Olympus list and all, and there is a
> special place in my heart for my Oly stuff. But, when it comes to auto
focus, are you seriously saying that
> the Nik*not-an-OM*on N90s, F100 or F5 are slow? Do they hunt? I must have
low standards and worse eyes than I
> thought. Seems to me one of these wonder bricks will find, lock on and
focus perfectly before your eye can
> even focus on the result!

Economics had a lot to do with my results.
You are referring to top of the line cameras.
My experience was with N70 bodies and various zooms.
Also used Canon Elan and EOS A2.  Not every photographer can afford top
of the line and my employers don't supply them.
What could I have bought for the money I got from selling my OM system?
With good eyes and a few years experience behind me I can again focus
quickly and accurately with the OMs.
If I had more money or someone else buying my equipment for me I may have
a different opinion on the subject.  But alas, for the poor, working,
independent photographer a used OM system is right in the
economic/performance/reliability
ballpark.  If I were to start from scratch Contax Aria would be a top
contender.
New OMs are also out of my reach.

Charlie L.