[OM] almost cut my hair

Subject: [OM] almost cut my hair
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 11:54:24 -0700
Almost sold my OMs (sung to the tune of almost cut my hair, by C S N).

Yes, I had made up a price list and was ready to post it but I waited
for a defining moment.
I have been experimenting with auto focus for a while now and found
some compelling reasons to convert.
1 - I can't see. The old eyes can't focus so well any more and I do a lot
    of indoor flash work where a slow zoom is used.
2 - Weight.  Even a OM2 is heavy when you add a winder, flash bracket
     and a T-32.  Plus the 8 AA batteries.
3 - Well... there is no 3!

First #2, An auto focus body with a moderate zoom and flash with bracket
Is not so much lighter.  I am going to go without the winder for a while and
see if I can remember to always pre wind the film after each shot.

The #1 reason to go back to manual focus........Contact lenses!
Yes I have trouble getting them in and my eyes look like rejects
from the Thriller video because of the abuse I give them in the process.
But I will get better at it, I promise myself.  But what a difference in
focusing
and viewing the frame.  I can imagine how a 2 series screen would look.

Still need reading glasses but my old progressives work fine for that.
I may get a monocle for seeing the frame counter etc. on the OMs.

In case you are interested, I chose Minolta over the others because I found
them to be more user friendly and I like the feel a lot better than Canon
and Nikon.
The wireless flash is cool also.  The AF is slow and hunts a lot on all of
them
in my opinion.  The Oly digital C2500 is a better focusing camera than
any of them.  I have worked with them all.

So, I re sub*cribed to the list and will try not to be too boring.

Charlie

Charles Loeven
Las Vegas, Nevada
CPL49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx