[OM] Camera Cleaning, was Kinky leather question

Subject: [OM] Camera Cleaning, was Kinky leather question
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 19:13:15 +0100
Garry Lewis wrote:

> ...We all know how to clean our lenses, but the issue of how to clean the
rest of the various parts of our beloved Oly's have never been discussed.
> How come? Don't we want our beloved cameras to look as good as they
operate?

I started off with the sort of brush we used when I worked in a camera
shop - the long wooden type that looks like a clothes brush, but there's too
much wood and not enough bristles and I didn't like the occasional clunk of
wood on camera. Much better was one of those thick brushes that are sold for
blending face make-up, but new and unused for that purpose. Car boot sales
almost always have them for a few pence.
Even better are the static-assisted type sold for cleaning computer
keyboards, etc., used in a whisking motion the way a cow uses its tail.
There are warnings about static build-up though, so perhaps they're a bit
risky with all electronic cameras. Two 'camera-shaped ornaments' on my
shelves absolutely gleam after regular use of one of these.

> I've always pondered, what is the difference between AH and CHOO?

Input and output!

Regards,
Keith Berry