[OM] OM: Silvernose?

Subject: [OM] OM: Silvernose?
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <cgeilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:24:52 GMT
Greetings to all,
Some time ago I purchased a small group of Zuiko lenses. Amongst them is a 135mm f3.5 which quite honestly I've never used very often. I used it the other day and noticed for the first time that the leading edges of the lens, hood and aperture ring are polished bright aluminum. Is this the famous silvernose lens I've seen mentioned on these postings? Besides being a very attractive lens, is there any other significance to this style? None of my other Zuikos have this feature. I have no idea of the lens' age. The serial No. is in the 150000 range. Thanks.

Charlie Geilfuss