Re: [OM] "gets along well with others"

Subject: Re: [OM] "gets along well with others"
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 08:28:11 -0500
Gary Edwards wrote:

>>>Shortly after I joined this list, I found myself angered by a posted
opinion.  That is when I learned how easy and quick it is to vent one's
anger directly into the keyboard, and, more importantly, how quick and
irretrievable is the click of the "send" button.  Chastened, and realizing
that much of my anger came more from other sources than what this fellow
had written, I resolved not to get into any more flame exchanges.  Since he
is a big sort of a guy, the object of my nasty message forgave me and we
have since shared some pleasant exchanges (either that or he forgot it was
me.  Don't remember if I ever actually said I'm sorry.  I'm sorry, Ken.)
<<<

I vagely remember an incident from some Gary.  I don't offend easily, nor
do I hold grudges.  What I've done through the years (and more than once on
this list) is diffuse a situation with humour, absurdity or even an
apology.  I have typed many an angry post that was never sent because time
results in "cooler heads will prevail."  There was even an incident where
Doris Fang cheezed me off.  I think it had something to do with her getting
a 35/shift for $50 or something stupid like that.  Rather than write a
biting response I think I just laid low for a couple days and made up some
stupid poetry instead.  I was probably still mad that her dumpster diving
resulted in such deals, but that's another story.

I count several on the list as "friends" and others as acquaintences.  One
won't always agree with our friends, but it's the problem solving and
resolving differences that sets us apart from the "if I can't have it my
way I'm out of here types."

Oh, and whatever it was, George, I think we resolved our differences
adequately and appologized at the time.

Ken Norton