Re: [OM] Print paper question

Subject: Re: [OM] Print paper question
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:35:35 GMT
Generally it's best to use the paper sold by the printer manufacturer because they try to optimize them to work together. For example, HP and Epson inkjet printers use very different approaches and swapping papers around doesn't work particularly well. Even HP's own PhotoSmart printer/paper system is entirely different from their other inkjets.

OTOH, I've had good results using Canon brand paper with both Epson and HP inkjet printers. So there are exceptions.

For those of us not fortunate enough to own a printer that can use the special archival inks (Lysonic, etc.) the best results may be had using fine watercolor paper from Arches or another good maker. Hot press paper has the smoothest surface and is most capable of resolving fine details without bleeding. But I've been satisfied with cold press paper.

Lex
===