Re: [OM] Vacation Kit

Subject: Re: [OM] Vacation Kit
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:33:12 -0700
At 11:39 AM 8/22/00 -0600, Chris O wrote:

>Bald eagles?!?!?  Where?!?!?  Approximately how many miles (by car)
>from Edmonton, Alberta?!?!?  (We hunted high and low for bald eagles
>while on our trip to B.C. and only saw a few that were soaring so high a
>1000mm with a 2x teleconverter wouldn't have gotten them!  Sigh!)

Chris,

In your travels you forgot to stop in Sidney (BC that is) -- we have all
kinds of eagles around here. While you were in Chemainus, just across the
water on Thetis at Telegraph Harbour we are usually greeted by at least 2
dozen eagles who nest along the harbour entrance. There are even several
nesting out by the ferry terminal at Schwartz Bay.

Barry H