Re: [OM] Night Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Night Photography
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:23:46 -0600
On 22 Aug 2000, at 13:15, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> This kind of manipulation is easier for me to do on someone else's images
> than my own. It's not that I don't adjust color balance and saturation to
> taste, but I usually regard and restrict these kinds of adjustments to
> corrections rather than manipulations, preferring to anticipate the
> characteristics of the film and any predetermined adjustments prior to
> shooting the film if possible.  I'm much more interested in photos than
> Photoshop. ;-)

Actually, I said something to that effect in an off-list reply to someone's
suggestions.  I've always considered image manipulation after-the-fact
as "cheating" so about all I usually do is a bit of cropping and resizing
before putting my images online.

> Larry's suggestion that a tungsten balanced film might give you the effect
> you desire seems the most likely one of all, judging from the images he
> cites. (Nice work, Larry BTW.)

That's one of the suggestions I want to try this weekend.  Anybody have
any suggestions about specific film(s) I should play with?  Kodak?  Fuji?

Thanks, again, Joel, for taking the time to "fix" my images.

Regards,

Chris