Re: [OM] digital vs analogue

Subject: Re: [OM] digital vs analogue
From: Mark <markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:59:21 -0500
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away Motor Sport Visions Photography
wrote:

> BTW, that new
> Sony with 40-400mm (35mm equivelent) optical zoom range, big imager (3.2
> megapixel?), and 3 1/2" CDR on the back looks pretty cool.... Come on
> Olympus, show us your stuff!

Check out the Olympus C2100 Ultra Zoom.  38-380mm lens, same LCD as the
current crop of digicams.  And it has no optical viewfinder but two LCD
screens, one really tiny for a viewfinder and the bigger one on the back.
Andy it's lots smaller than the Sony I believe you were looking at.  I
prefer to use reusable media (smart cards) for my picts instead of WORM
drives like the 3.5" CD-R.  This is a first look at the camera, not an
in-depth review.

Here's the link:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/c2100.html
--
Posted from the Apple PowerBook of Mark Thalman
markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Parallel Software, Macintosh geek