Re: [OM] Print Films

Subject: Re: [OM] Print Films
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:21:59 GMT
Pretty amazing stuff, that Agfa Ultra. Steve Berlin experienced a little difficulty getting scans to his satisfaction at first, but found a service bureau that produces excellent scans from negatives onto CD. He seems to prefer Ultra to Velvia, and from what I've seen the Ultra is more saturated. How they compare in shadow/highlight range I can't say since I haven't seen side-by-side comparisons.

The second photo is one of the very few I've seen that has completely baffled my monitor - it doesn't quite know how to handle those blues in the sky, whether in 16-, 24- or 32-bit mode!

Lex
===