Re: [OM] Print Films

Subject: Re: [OM] Print Films
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:15:08 -0500
>Well, the salesperson was right!  The colors on that shot are *really*
>rich!  Reds come out *really* red, and so forth!  Although I didn't take
>identical shots with another color film (the OM-10 had b/w in it at the
>time), comparable shots also taken in Chemainus on cheapo ASA 200
>(made by Agfa I'm told) look washed-out in comparison.

I haven't had much luck getting super high saturated color slides scanned
properly. I'm beginning to think that the really high color contrast is just
beyond the range of digital media. The slides I tried recently were sharp,
contrasty and punchy in the flesh, but blocked up badly after scanning. The
highs were washed out and the darks were murky. It's as if scanning
compressed the contrast range. I'm going to try a roll of Kodak Supra 100
that I just shot and see how that goes. I don't have a scanner so I have to
rely on commercial services. So, I suspect that this Agfa wondercolorpumper
would have the same results I got previously with E100VS.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright