Re: [OM] Olympus Guy

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Guy
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:46:11 -0500
At 10:10 AM 8/18/2000 +0000, you wrote:

>>He started out like many of us with an affection for the Olympus Brand
>>camera.  He noticed the potential and the following and started a side
>>business selling the product.  He's a good guy and backs the stuff up if
you
>>have a problem. Comes from the old school, which is starting to diminish.
>>

>He used to be on this list but apparently got bumped off for advertising too
>much. Maybe we should invite him back? It would be good to have a few more
>resellers on this list.

He wasn't forceably removed, he just quit contributing.  His "advertising"
pales in comparison to what goes on now in our Post-eBay World, but he
really ticked some folks off back then apparently, most of whom don't seem
to be active any longer either.

I found his posts occasionally to be helpful and had some offlist
discussion about items which had nothing to do with sales.  Nice guy.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA