Re: [OM] Reflections on multi-coating reflections - was Re: Flatirons an

Subject: Re: [OM] Reflections on multi-coating reflections - was Re: Flatirons and OM's
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:56:55 +0000
>I was under the impression that yellow meant SC.  Rose too, I thought.

As with most things in life, the details are a little more complicated.
Lenses that we call "SC" in fact have several coatings on most if not all the
elements. The lenses that we call "MC" just have more coatings than "SC"
types. The usual give away is the green reflection, which is exclusive to
"MC" lenses. No green, then it's "SC". I'm pretty sure you can tell the
number of coatings by counting the colors. So, if a lens reflects yellowish,
pink and purple, then it has three coatings. Add in green and you've got
four, etc.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright