[OM] Kodachrome 25 test, including reflectivity

Subject: [OM] Kodachrome 25 test, including reflectivity
From: Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:14:24 +0200
Cc: fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Frank Gernens wrote:

> I posted a comparison of those films on 2 May this year and quite
> a few people commented. You could mine the archive for the diverse
> opinions. Anyway, it showed how subjective these things are.

I re-read your 2 May posting: thanks for the "research" and your comment on
K25!
My experience is also that exposing a K25 longer than a second is useless.
K64 seems to hold a little longer. I did capture some stars on K64 once...
(and at least the sky remained black on the picture instead of becoming
green like on Fujichromes)
What suprises me is that you found Provia F to be more grainy than the other
films.
My Provia slides are definitely less grainy than the Kodachromes, although
the sharpness seems not to be really better (probably due to diffusion in
the thick emulsion).
But as you state, colours, contrast etc. are subjective things...

Bye, Erwin.