Re: [OM] Kodachrome 25 test, including reflectivity

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome 25 test, including reflectivity
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 00:56:36 EDT
Cc: fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Exposures (i) and (ii) were correct and within 1/5 stop of each
 other. Exposures (iii) and (iv) were both about 1/3 of a stop
 overexposed; exposure

     I am not sure it is really possible to manually meter within 1/5 stop
with the OM2S. My memory is the OM2S has a resolution of only a 1/3 stop on
its digital bargraph. With a bit of fiddling you may be able to vary the
light to get the "digit" to flicker first on oneside and then on the other
side of a reading and then to set it to halfway between, but it is still a
bit much to expect to be able to set an absolute accuracy of 1/5 stop with a
1/3 stop resolution device. Even if you use a handheld meter most handheld
meters just aren't specified as being very accurate. One exception might be
the Quantum exposure meter that is used industrially sometimes, and has an
absolute accuracy spec of something like 15%. I don't remember what it's
digital diplay resolution is (?)

Obviously relative exposure accuracy performance to a high accuracy is more
possible as in your (i) vs (ii) etc.

Tim Hughes