Re: [OM] Kodachrome

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome
From: Brett Lucas <bbrettl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
The Kodak lab in San Leandro is taking longer to
develop Kodachrome lately.  They are having trouble
with the equipment again. They say they are sending
the Kodachrome elsewhere to develop. If your slide
mount has SF stamped on it, its being developed at the
San Leandro lab. It normally takes 24 hours to develop
the Kodachrome. Last batch took a week. There had been
an increase in errors including scratches across the
emulsions, eratic lighting bolt scratches across the
image and mis-mounts with the sprocket holes showing.
I am currently on their "shit" list. I don't let a day
go by without letting them know how bad their quality
control has become. When the "NOW HIRING" banner is
displayed out front its time to worry. Its just
Kodak's way to discourage Kodachrome usage. The E-6
process machine is OK though. Small wonder.