[OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome

Subject: [OM] Provia 100F versus Kodachrome
From: Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:19:58 +0200
Cc: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

Recently I tried a role of Fujichrome Provia 100F.
This film was praised a lot on this list, so maybe I should say goodbye to
the good old kodachromes too...
Well, I probably will not.
Yes, Provia 100F does have an extremely fine grain (better than K25!) and a
higher sensitivity (ISO100 compared to 25 or 64).
But the ugly green Fuji box still seems to infect the film too: like earlier
fujichromes I find this film having to much green everywhere. Even in the
skintones: people tend to have yellow fever. And although the grain is
extremely fine, kodachromes have a sharper "look and feel" when projected
(confirmed by my wife).
Do I stand alone with this opinion or did I had bad luck with the E6
developement (processing was done by an ordinary laboratory, not a
professional one)?
On the other hand, scanning the slides results in much better pictures.
Kodachromes loose a lot of there brilliance when scanned, while the Provia
looses its ugly green tint.
I uploaded some examples on the "The Netherlands" page of my site:

http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/photovoogt/holland.html

The bottom pictures are the Provias.
I am very interested in your opinion!

Bye,