Re: [OM] OM-1 MD for macro

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 MD for macro
From: BriarPipes@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:43:44 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/00 9:48:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Also, I don't feel limited to Oly flashes, if there's another setup I
could
 manufacture/buy... feel free to let me know. >>

Mike:

I wrote earlier in the week that I have had successful results, for close-up
and macro work, using my new Sunpak DX12 ringlight flash with manual and OTF
capabilities.  (The flash itself is affixed to the lens, using the
appropriate adapter.)  For my OM1 MD, I use Sunpak's STD-1D interface module,
which is suitable for Shoe 1; for the OM2n and OM4t I use the OT-1D module.

I purchased the Sunpak and modules from Camera World, after asking them to
match the price that B & H advertises.  However, when the Sunpak arrived, I
discovered that it didn't include a 49 mm adapter (needed for the Zuiko 50 mm
f/3.5 macro lens).  Camera World didn't have it in stock, and B&H got me for
$25 plus shipping, for the proper adapter.  Hope this helps.

James Lawson
Et semel emissum volat irrevocabile verbum.