Re: [OM] 3rd party auto extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] 3rd party auto extension tubes
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:24:33 EDT
<<<Although I'm a big believer in the superiority of everything Zuiko, I
can't really see how the brand of an extension tube would matter.
Unless I'm really missing a n important concept, a tube simply has to
be level and light tight.

Given that (and feel free to disagree - I'm a macro newbie), can
anyone recommend a source for an inexpensive set of auto extension
tubes?

I think Vivitar and Kenko make fine ext. tubes.  I have some no-name brand
which works fine. Here is one area that Zuiko-in-the-sky has let us down as the
Olympus tubes are manual only. The only possible problem I can see (or two) is
that the aperture information lever is not calibrated correctly.

Warren