Re: [OM] THE GRAIL! (Wuz "Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens ...)

Subject: Re: [OM] THE GRAIL! (Wuz "Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens ...)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:30:51 +0000
At 03:57 7/31/00 , you wrote:
>Now I am confused!  I have a 75-150mm f/4 Zuiko.  It reflects a light bulb
>back not white but a magenta or purple.  So is it MC or SC.  Or if it was MC
>would it say so on the front of the lens?  Serial # is 283805.
>
>Dave

See Lee Hawkins' survey results for SC versus MC lenses:
  http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mc-sc.survey

If serial numbering was sequential (and if yours didn't have the lens ring
replaced) yours falls in the middle of the SC lenses with huge numbers on
both sides of your serial number recorded as SC.  In addition, the
purple/magenta is one of the indicators of SC (as with the green, it's not
with 100ertainty).

OTOH, if it's working well for you in what you use it for, not lacking
resolution or contrast, and not suffering from undue flare, then don't
worry about it!

-- John