Re: [OM] Extension Tube Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension Tube Question
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 11:58:13 -0600
Huh?!?!?!?  That's *way* too much math for my puny brain!  :-)

What the little sheet says is that with a 50mm lens and a 15mm extension
tube the "required exsposure increase" is 1.65.  On the other side of the
sheet it says "exposure compensation can also be computed by
determinging the effetive f value (Ef) as contrasted with the indicated f
value (If) by using the formula: Ef = If x (focal length + extension / focal
length)."  Thus, a 50mm lens and a 15mm tube would work out to
indicated f value times (50 + 15 / 50) or a factor of 1.3 or thereabouts.

Anyway, all this is mute as my trusty Oly-10 and Oly-2 will sort it all out
for me automagically.  Thank God!!!  ;-)

Chris