Re: [OM] OM-2 Hot Shoe Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 Hot Shoe Question
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 00:41:42 -0600
Oh, my!  LOTS of really good, helpful replies!  Let's try to summarize
them in one message...

Larry:  Obviously we were looking at an OM-2n manual.  Thanks for the
tip on making sure the shoe contact is clean, but I passed on even
considering buying that shoe because it was cracked.  I generally think
it's *alot* more fun if *I* get to break it, instead of buying it already
broken!  (Grin!)

Dave:  I agree...  it was probably the shoe.

Brian:  Thanks for the explanation on the instruction sheet for the
extension tubes.  I'll let Oly-10 and Oly-2 handle exposures and won't
compensate.  Also, thanks for the tips on the Vivitar 285 flash and the
Zuiko 75-150 lens.  Frankly, I think I'll pass on the swap, and wait and
save my pennies for something a bit longer and fancier.

Imagineer:  That detailed explanation about how TTL-OTF flash works was
*very* helpful!  Now I know why the camera and flash didn't seem to work
together all that well...  no film!  So, it was doing just as you explained...
holding the shutter open for *way* too long!  About the 75-150 lens,
thanks for that tip about checking the focus.  I'll keep that in mind when I
go lens shopping again.

Only one day as a member of the list and I've *already* learned alot!
Thanks, gang!

Chris