Re: [OM] An OM ebay story

Subject: Re: [OM] An OM ebay story
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:54:44 +0200
Cc: barry@xxxxxxxxxx
Barry,

I do know who the seller is, although I have never done business with
him and do not know him personally.
I think that he is right when he says that you were the cause of his
misunderstanding with M.C., and when he blames you for your 'gibing'
interference.

You should have thought earlier of the fact that it would be wiser to
keep your mouth shut. What reason did you have to gibe at him, as he
was unknown to you? I think it is you who owes apologies to both
people, of which one now has negative feedback as a result of your
meddlesomeness. You say that the man 'thought he was being
harassed'... well he was, by you.

When a person backs out of an auction, it is only the business of the
seller - who reacted correctly and gave him negative feedback. That is
enough punishment as it is. The buyer must have felt guilty too,
because he didn't leave negative feedback for the seller - until you
meddled in their business...

Just my two cents...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL