RE: [OM] OM1MD Shutter curtain

Subject: RE: [OM] OM1MD Shutter curtain
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:37:25 +0800
Ray wrote:

> You don't mention the price of the OM-1MD but, in any case, I'd avoid
> buying that camera if I were you. A misaligned shutter curtain sounds
> ominous to me; I wonder what caused it! You have to ask yourself the
> question: "What if I have to get it fixed? Can it be done in
> Australia?"

I'm sure it can be repaired, however there are plenty of OM-1(N)s around in
Oz and a camera shop will normally offer a 3 month warranty.  Just buy 1
from a reputable shop and if you have problems with it, let them repair or
replace it.  By shopping around you should be able to get a good OM-1(N)
with 50mm f1.8 for $AU250 to $AU350.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/