Re: [OM] OT:aussie v greenland: island continent

Subject: Re: [OM] OT:aussie v greenland: island continent
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:02:39 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/00 1:46:54 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< Actually, Antarctica has a fair amount of land showing, more than
 Greenland, but not as green. Despite all the visible H2O, they're
 both deserts in terms of precipitation & humidity.

 Tom

I flew over parts of both Iceland and Greenland roundtrip from Ukraine (with
a stop in Amsterdam) to the US a few years ago. I was struck by the fact that
Iceland had so much land showing..some of it green, most of it brown...while
the parts of Greenland we saw were entirely ice-covered. Names and sights
seemed quite incongrous.

Robert