[OM] Pittsburgh, Pensylvania

Subject: [OM] Pittsburgh, Pensylvania
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:13:45 +0200 (CEST)
Hiya all,

I'm gong to go to Pittsburgh, Pensylvania, for some work in the beginning
of August. I will be there for about a week, with possibly 2 or 3 days
more or less "off".

Other than that there is a museum of natural history where there is a
skeleton of a T-Rex (thanks, National Geographics for that info), I have
no idea what there might be to see/photograph there or around there. Also,
I have no idea of the weather / lights etc in that area of the US - all
making it a bit difficult to pack the bags (camera bags, that is. Work
outfitt is pretty predetermined....).

I was considering bringing my "generic set" of two OM2s/p's with a 24/2.0
(newly acquired - hi Giles) and 85/2.0 with some b/w stuff and maybe a
body with a color film of some sort. However if there are particular
scenic/photogenic things, then I might bring additional gear / change the
configuration.

Film-wise, I am probably bringing Ilford Delta3200 for night-work,
Delta400 or Delta100 for day-work, depending on the light conditions. I'd
prefer to go as slow as possible, so should I expect "southern california
sun" and bring a 50 ISO PAN/f (probably not) or "scandinavian
summer" which requires 400 ISO or more? I have no ideas what it is like in
the north-eastern part of the US at this time of the year (Ok, I lived for
a while in Illinois, but all I remember from there was endless cornfields
and cold winters).

Finally, are there shops in Pittsburgh, which I just have to check out for
OM-gear (or Mamiya-gear, for that matter) now that I will be there
anyways?

Thanks for any advices

--thomas