[OM] OM body/camera prices

Subject: [OM] OM body/camera prices
From: "David Low" <ghb04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:24:44 +0100
A couple of you have commented on the prices that I'm checking.

As I state I only include prices of kit available to UK users of ebay...
This catches most Australian, European, UK, and SOME USA based kit. Many US
advertisers don't ship outside US of A..

To give you an idea, I logged into EBAY.COm, and searched for Olympus result
=24 pages (yes I know some of the results weren't cameras)

I did the same thing on ebay.co.uk, result (for items available to the UK),
and got 14 pages only..

I guess that prices will be higher, as its traders who will tend to ship
overseas.

As for Champagne v versus titanium versus black, in the UK it doesn't matter
a jot (all other things being equal). In fact many photographers of my
acquaintance would never ever go for black, as it disfigures so quickly. I
wish my NIB OM2sp was in metal rather than paint. (Actually black bodies
usually go a bit cheaper in shops here, coz they are usually shabbier).

regards

David