Re: [OM] OM-4 Repair

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Repair
From: PaulThBrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 23:38:27 EDT
Thanks to Giles, John and Imagineer for all the tips and warnings about not
removing the top plate.  It sounds pretty packed under there and I may end up
doing more damage than this 'minor inconvenience.'  At least the camera still
works and takes great pictures -- it's just that I have to use 'Battery test'
to turn the camera on and have to do without spot metering.

>From the suggestions, it seems likely that the problem is related to the
'Clear' button which sticks through the lens mount.  This looks to be intact
when viewed with a loupe and not 'decapitated' or chewed up.  It can be
pushed in easily and there is no sign of a 'beep' when pushing the button
(with the lens off) after first turning the metering system on.  I can see
the tip of a gold contact and what looks like a small circuit board when
looking under the lens mount with the lens off.  The contact moves when I
push on the button, so it may need cleaning.

Any other suggestions from this esteemed group?

Thanks,

Paul

In a message dated 7/8/00 6:42:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Giles wrote:

<< I got my OM4 to display almost exactly the same symptoms you describe - by
 removing the lens.