Re: [OM] RE: More TOYS

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: More TOYS
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 17:29:13 PDT
I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the police might be issued OM-4Ts rather than Infinity Juniors. Remember when the Addison police cruisers were Volvos? (For folks outside of North Central Texas, Addison is a prosperous and pretentious suburb north of Dallas.) Criticized for such excess, they switched to very expensive SUVs - but American made SUVs.
Lex Jenkins
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com/lexjenkins/

From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>

Perhaps a grain of truth here, Lex.  I heard some years ago (don't remember
from whom) that the Arlington Police Department issued OM-4Ts to patrol
officers for accident cameras. The condition described for this camera fits the image of a body rattled around for a few years in a leaky police cruiser
trunk.  Note that it still works when properly batteryed.  Thanks, Mr.
Maitani.

Gary Edwards