Re: [OM] RE: More TOYS

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: More TOYS
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 08:56:08 EDT
More than a grain of truth, it's certainly possible...- I'd agree it fits the
profile of a water-logged camera from the description of the
rust/corrosion/green stuff. Lots of P.D. cameras get water exposure since a
lot of accident scenes are on a rainy night, and the officer usually gets
distracted with other duties while taking photos and leaves the camera
sitting on the trunk of the car for about 15- 30  minutes in the rain, then
realizes some other angles to shoot from, takes a few more shots then leaves
the camera on the trunk again....and puts it back in its water-tight case
while still soaking wet, of course...  and of course no one actually cleans
the trunk's innards of a PD car, so there's usually a huge amount of crud
rolling/floating around  in there...

George S.