[OM] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?

Subject: [OM] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 01:34:08 PDT
Hi guys,

Drat! I'd really hoped to avoid this but I may need a 35/2.8 shiftlens by the end of the year for the petrified wood structure project I'm shooting. I've discovered a tall two-story building that's been beautifully rennovated and just cannot do justice to it with an ordinary wide angle lens.

it would be cheaper to get a really tall step ladder or some kind of
scaffolding. Maybe rent a cherry picker?

I'm shocked!!!
Lex came up with the perfect justification for bringing home a shift lens, and you're informing him there are cheaper non-Oly alternatives; hah! Some zuikoholics you are!!! ;))))

"Seriously honey, I _do_ need that shift lens, there's absolutely no other way... Puulllleeaasse can I have it, pretty please????" ;)))

More seriously though: indeed, if you're only planning on using the shift for one shot or so, the mentioned alternatives are much better.

Now, if on the other hand you will need it for more pictures, the story changes.... And then you go down town Manhattan, and oh my god, the 35/2.8 Shift doesn't suffice anymore, noooo you now _need_ the 24/3.5 Shift!!! That's when zuikoholism really kicks in. Hmm, I guess I'd better _not_ go to NYC on my NJ trip, or else...........;)

Cheerio!
Olafo