Re: [OM] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone got a shift lens for sale?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 18:40:04 PDT
I'd thought of that, Dirk. Even a stepstool provides enough elevation to substantially reduce perspective distortion, and I've got one that'll fit in the car. I've even considered asking the local fire department if they'd mind assisting in a worthy project by hoisting me up a bit. We'll see...
-----------
Lex Jenkins
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com/lexjenkins/

From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Drat!  I'd really hoped to avoid this but I may need a 35/2.8 shift
lens by
>the end of the year for the petrified wood structure project I'm
shooting.
>I've discovered a tall two-story building that's been beautifully
rennovated
>and just cannot do justice to it with an ordinary wide angle lens.

it would be cheaper to get a really tall step ladder or some kind of
scaffolding. Maybe rent a cherry picker?

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright